Wednesday, June 13, 2007

730 Days of Jared!

Friday our family will be celebrating Jared's second birthday. He was born while I was deployed to Iraq in 2005. He was two months old when we first met; I came home for my two weeks of R&R (rest and relaxation).
In many ways, he is different than his older brother, Benjamin, whom he idolizes. Benjamin has always been able to entertain himself for hours; Jared has to be in the mix. Jared has an intense scowl of concentration: a warning to everyone, "I'm serious now."
Jared seems more curious about things and objects. Benjamin gets focused on one thing, and it becomes his universe. Dawn and I were discussing this just the other day, and when I asked her whether she thought they were more similar or different she wisely asked, "Well, how different would Benjamin have been if he had an older brother like Jared?" It's interesting to consider the different ways we influence one another.














We're blessed to have two beautiful boys, who bring joy, and sometimes frustration, into our lives. I am including some of my favorite pictures of Jared in celebration of his adorable, yet independent, spirit. Happy birthday, Jared.















4 comments:

KA said...

beautiful pictures!

dawn kline said...

Babe!!!You rock! I don't remember some of these pics! We miss you!!

Unknown said...

Hello Brother Kline! I found your blog when surfing for info on the 1-3 btb. I belong to Booksforsoldiers.com and was finding info about a soldier I'm writing. Anyway...your family is beautiful. I hope all is well with you and your family. You guys are in the thoughts and prayers of me and my family!
Take care! Sister Parkin of SLC

annegb said...

You have a darling family. I will visit your blog again. Thanks so much for what you're doing.

Your boys just made me smile.